Pages

Wednesday 15 February 2012

Fairs and affairs

Oh dear, I have been neglecting my poor old blog haven't I.  Well I promise it isn't because I've been a lazy-bum. So far 2012 is all systems go for Red Anchor. I finally sorted out "the room of doom" aka my sewing room and it's a far more pleasant place to be now, with organised storage and everything! As much as I would love to have real wood and vintage furniture it just wasn't practical in the space I have to work with and Ikea came to my rescue with a massive shelving unit that fits perfectly along one wall to house all my fabric, haberdashery and supplies. I also managed to bag myself a matching computer table/shelving unit combo on ebay for the ridiculous price of £1.04. Win.



I had my very first fair last week, organised by The Galleries of Justice in Nottingham and Susi Henson from Eternal Spirits corsetry. It was their 2nd Unique Connections networking event and was raising money for the Help a Nottingham Child charity. On the whole it was a success, I sold enough to cover the stall fee and chatted to a couple of lovely women who'd seen me perform at the Carousel Club in December. In hindsight I don't think it was 100% the right event for me but I'm glad I did it and I learnt a few things to put into practice for my next fairs, which are.....



I'm REALLY looking forward to these two fairs. I'd heard a lot of good things about Reetsweet and after exchanging emails with the organiser Becki was over the moon to be accepted to take part in both the Sheffield and Leeds fairs coming up in March and April. I will be sewing my little fingers to the bone in preparation! If you're coming along please stop in and say hello  :)

If you'd like to see what I've been sewing lately I've listed a few iPhone cases and stocking bags in my Etsy shop. Hopefully I'll get the chance to add more as I'm making stock for the fairs so watch this space!

TTFN  x




No comments:

Post a Comment